American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board - BCHC
|Credentialing Board||American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board (ANMCB)|
|Board Certification||Health Coach|
|Professional Title||Board Certified Health Coach|
|Your Signature||Your Name, BCHC|
|Scope:||ANMCB’s goal is to provide a valuable credential that recognizes the educational qualifications of qualified Health Coaches. ANMCB’s Board believes that naturopathy is a strictly non-invasive natural health care therapy that does not involve prescriptions, surgery, medical procedures, or the claims to cure diseases.
The ANMCB Code of Ethics includes the following:
- First do no harm.
- Practice the healing power of nature.
- Identify and treat the cause.
- Treat the whole person, recognizing the multi-factorial nature of health and disease.
- Practice prevention as the best “cure.”
- Do not exceed scope of practice, whether in abilities or by law.
- Be objective in treatment of clients and performance of duties, recognizing the rights of all persons as well as one’s own limitations.
- Fulfill necessary educational requirements to advance knowledge and skills.
- Provide full disclosure regarding training and experience to clients.
- Keep client information in the strictest confidence.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
- Nondiscrimination in all aspects of practice
- Constantly strive to achieve the highest objectives and ideals.
|Description||Registered in with the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs in Washington, DC, the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board (ANMCB) is a non-profit worldwide organization registered in Washington, DC, that administers certification for natural health care professionals. The mission of the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board is, first and foremost, protection of the health and welfare of the public.
ANMCB is proud to be the most sought after national certifying organization for natural health care providers throughout the United States. Its many years of experience in the natural health care field qualify ANMCB to offer various categories of natural health care certifications based on education and examination. The Board grants Certification to Naturopathic Doctors, Nutritionists, Herbalists, and Holistic Health Practitioners, as well as Chiropractors, Medical Doctors, Nurses, Osteopaths, Dentists, and others who have traditional medical education with additional training and interest in complementary and alternative health care. ANMCB offers certification by examination, or recognition according to education and experience deemed equivalent.
Applying for Board Certification includes professional membership in the American Naturopathic Medical Association (ANMA). ANMA supports and protects natural health practitioner's right to practice and raises professional standards.
|Benefits||ANMCB’s BCHC designation is a highly-valued professional credential that reflects a commitment to professional ethics and high standards of practice. Benefits include:
- Membership in the American Naturopathic Medical Association (ANMA), which monitors and fights legislation that would favor special interest groups or seek to prevent the practice of naturopathic medicine.
- JANMA newsletter
- Annual Convention and Educational Seminar
- Professional support
Telephone: (702) 914-5770
|Membership Fees||$900 (certification includes membership in the American Naturopathic Medical Association and admission to the next ANMA Annual Convention|
|Non-refundable assessment fee||There is no assessment fee. However, if the candidate’s application is not approved a full refund is given.|
|Renewal Fee||$150/year plus proof of 20 natural health care CEU’s each year|
|Liability Insurance||Eligibility - upon certification or a member of ANMA|
|Access to Lab Exams||Yes, upon certification or a member of ANMA|
|Board Exam||YES, passing the ANMCB Exam is required for this title|
|Additional Requirements||- Graduates of Quantum University are eligible to apply for Board Certification.
- Professional recommendations - the application requests two letters of reference be submitted. These are character statements.
- Submission of application and official transcripts
- Passing the required ANMCB Examination administered by the Board
|Qualifying Degree||Health Coach Certificate from Quantum University|