Board of Natural Medicine Doctors and Practitioners - DNM
|Credentialing Boards||Board of Natural Medicine Doctors and Practitioners (BNMDP) and World Organization of Natural Medicine (WONM)|
|Board Certifications||Doctor of Natural Medicine (BNMDP) and Doctor of Humanitarian Services (WONM) (Dual certifications)|
|Professional Titles||Board Certified Doctor of Natural Medicine, Board Certified Doctor of Humanitarian Services|
|Your Signature||Dr. Your Name, DNM, DHS, PhD|
|Scope of Practice||Natural Medicine - Assessment
Natural Medicine Practitioners/Naturotherapy Practitioners traditional natural medicine practitioners trained with specialized focus in natural medicine modalities. In practice, Natural Medicine Practitioners perform non-invasive traditional functional assessment techniques to include the basis vital which are standard in most healthcare and wellness settings:
- Body temperature
- Tongue assessment
- Heart Rate or Pulse rate
- Respiratory rate
- Blood pressure
- Oxygen level
- Physical/Anthropometric assessment (height, weight, circumference of waist, wrist and hip), noting physical appearance, as well functional as modern techniques such as, tongue, eye, skin assessment, nutritional interpretation of standard lab findings.
Nutritional and dietary analysis, metabolic analysis, and non-invasive allergy testing.
NOTE: Natural Medicine Naturotherapy Practitioners are NOT allopathic Medical Doctors (MD) and must not engage in any allopathic medical practices unless licensed to do so.
Traditional Natural Medicine Practitioners are clinically trained in the use of the following wide natural techniques:
- Nutrition and Diet
- Herbal Preparations
- Homeopathic Preparations
- Physical/Manual Techniques
- Health Coaching
- Emergency Medicine
- Addictions/Coaching Management
|Description||Natural (Nature’s) Medicine’s basic premise is that ill health is fundamentally a functional imbalance or disequilibrium within the body. Disease is a plethora of symptoms produced by the body’s attempt to re-establish homeostasis. Traditional Natural (Nature’s) Medicine Practitioners are healthcare professionals who are educated and experienced in the use of safe, gentle, non-invasive, eclectic healing techniques geared at enhancing the body’s innate healing ability which is responsible for re-establishing and maintaining optimum health.
Traditional natural (nature’s) healing approaches can act to facilitate the body’s own natural healing processes. The traditional natural medicine practitioner does not undertake to “diagnose” or “treat diseases” and by traditional definition DOES NOT use surgery, drugs, or any invasive methodology as part of their services.
A traditional Natural (Nature’s) Medicine Practitioner is one who practices (teaches) a preventive healing system in which an eclectic mix of natural modalities and techniques are used, including but not limited to nutritional and dietary counseling, botanical/herbal remedies, natural environmental force, manual techniques, remedial exercises, counseling client on self-care, hydro-therapies in all forms, and the use of mineral and plant extracts. The focus is to bring harmony to the body.
|Benefits||- Board Certification from BNMDP/NMCC is valid throughout all of the Americas (North-South and Central America), and a DHS from WONM is valid worldwide (no boundaries as a humanitarian doctor).
- Certified Natural Medicine Practitioners in North America are recognized as meeting the standards in Natural Medicine education, as established by the World Organization of Natural Medicine (WONM).
- Upon certification, you are awarded a Doctor of Humanitarian Services (DHS) from the World Organization of Natural Medicine at no additional cost. https:www.wonm.org
- BNMDP is the only organization where you receive this designation with your DNM certification. The DHS helps to position the doctor's professional image as a true humanitarian and set them above the ordinary.
- Standardized certification with portability to WONM affiliate organizations worldwide
- The prestige of belonging to a vanguard organization that is composed of highly-trained, qualified professionals with strong ethical principles
- Opportunity to participate in Clinic for Humanity (TM) international worldwide programs
- Professional Continuing Education workshops and seminars
- Regional congresses and world symposia worldwide.
- Internship and externship, in partnership with Clinics for Humanity programs
- North American Journal of Traditional and Integrative Medicine
- Eligibility for special group rate on malpractice insurance
- Eligibility for reimbursement of service fees by some insurance companies
- Most of all, membership offers a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment to know that you are helping to propagate the effective delivery of Traditional Natural Medicine and traditional health care in North America and around the world.
- Designations are trademarked. Use of designation without authorization may result in trademark infringement.
Eugene Barnswell - extension 013
Address: 3555 Don Mills Road, Suite 18-529
Toronto, Ontario M2H 3N3, Canada
|Membership Fees||$1200 (includes assessment fee)|
|Non-refundable Assessment Fee||$200|
|Access to Lab Exams||Yes|
|Criteria for Certification||DNM - Level I
- Doctorate level of education (Member)
- 4000 hours of training and experience with at least two modalities in Natural Medicine
- This category includes natural medicine practitioners with a doctoral level of education.
- Certificate in humanitarian outreach (within one year of certification)
DNM - Level II
- Conventional medical training plus a minimum of 500 hours of training and experience in at least two areas of Natural Medicine as a complement to conventional treatment.
- Proof of educational status must be provided.
- Certificate in humanitarian outreach
|Qualifying Degree||PhD (Doctorate) in Natural Medicine (DNM) from Quantum University|
|How to Apply for DNM||A) Read and Understand - Certification and Accreditation Board
DNM - Doctor in Natural Medicine certified by the BNMDP-NA - Website
BNMDP-NA - Board of Natural Medicine Doctors and Practitioners - Website
B) Download, Print, and Complete Application Form
Download - BNMDP-NA - Application Form for DNM Certification
C) Print, Mail and Email these documents:
- BNMDP-NA - Application Form
- DNM - Certificate of Completion
Mail Package to:
BNMDP-NA - Certification Board
3555 Don Mills Road, Suite 18-529
Toronto, Ontario M2H 3N3, Canada